7.29.2013

Reintroducing Hannah's Toybox

I haven't blogged in forever... and it's time I re-start! I've made a bit of a commitment to myself to grow my business, and blogging regularly is part of that commitment. Where to begin? How about a bit about me?

I'm Erin. I'm a mom to two beautiful girls, Hannah and Rebecca, and wife to an amazing and supportive husband. I love creating things, and I love things that are eco-friendly. I don't see the point of not being easy on the earth if I don't have to. We grow our own vegetables at my house and while we don't grow enough to sustain our family, our garden does supplement our meals. We play with Legos and Lincoln Logs because my kid loves putting stuff together and I love the process of building. I've been sewing since I was about 6 years old, which is almost 30 years now. I'm largely self-taught: my mother (a professional seamstress turned homemaker with a home economics degree) taught me the basics, but in college I really started honing my skills. I've never taken a formal class, though I'd love to learn pattern drafting or advanced techniques from a master.

I love to create, so I've tried my hand at creating most things. I'm very good at sewing, but I'm not excellent at much else. I make my own soap and I can knit a scarf and hat, but I don't have the patience for purling so all my hats have rolled brims. I often bake my own bread, but I'm not a very accomplished baker and it often turns out in funny shapes that I don't intend. I love making jewelry for gifts, but my wire wraps are often lopsided or uneven and I don't really have an inventive eye for design the way I feel a true jeweler ought to.

Anyhow, that's enough about me for now. I plan to blog quick bits about twice a week, so I hope I'll see you back here!

No comments:

Post a Comment